We are responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. Our tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organisation, but our services includes:
1. Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
2. Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
3. Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
replace parts as required.
4. Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
5. Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
6. Support the roll-out of new applications.
7. Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
8. Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
9. Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
10. Test and evaluate new technology
11. Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
12. Take staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.